Episode 71: About returning home to ourselves, with Danellia Arechiga
Apr 22, 2021
Danellia Arechiga is a birth and post-partum doula, and a vocal liberation guide. This gives her a deep understanding of the canals at both ends of the body. 😊
It also means she’s intimately familiar with how important it is to find freedom, whether you’re birthing a child or your voice. In this episode, Danellia shares how connecting to our own innate worthiness is the key to finding that freedom, and how communing with our ancestors can help us return home to ourselves... 💜
Listen here on Spotify.
Want to learn the Voice Body Connection Process so you can practice raising your voice and speaking your truth? Take the free mini-course HERE.
- 0:00 - Welcome Danellia, doula and vocal liberation guide to the podcast.
- 3:20 - Danellia shares about her background as a birth worker, and exploring her own voice.
- 5:07 - Danellia shares what vocal liberation means to her.
- 6:45 - What it means to be a hyphenate. How being a doula is related to the voice (the vaginal canal and the throat are correlates!), and a discussion of the importance of freedom both in birthing a baby, and voice.
- 11:10 - What are some of the ways in which birth (and our voice) can get disturbed? Answers: Pressure. Rushing.
- 17:36 - Our Voice Body Connection process check in. Danellia feels grounded. Elissa feels a tingling.
- 24:35 - Danellia shares how her sense of worthiness comes from her connection to her ancestors. And how worthiness is a struggle, but it’s worth having hope.
- 28:29 - Daniella answers what it means to her to have a voice and speak her truth.
- 30:49 - Elissa brings up wanting to sound like other people.
- 32:47 - Danellia shares how complaining can be a version of speaking your truth too much.
- 36:00 - Episode recap, and a reminder to practice self-compassion. Speaking your truth isn’t easy.
- 39:26 - How to get in touch with Danellia.
To be in touch with Danellia, check her out on Instagram, Buy Her A Coffee here, and check out her podcast The Embodiment Project here. You can also watch videos of her music here.
If you want to hear the episode where KJ and I talk about the connection between the cervix and the vocal cords, here it is for you.
Have you taken the free Find Your Voice, Speak Your Truth mini-course yet? Learn the full Voice Body Connection Process so you can practice it for yourself. Sign up at https://www.voicebodyconnection.com/minicourse.
And for more support, join the Voice Body Connection Membership Community, visit www.voicebodyconnection.com/community.
As a member of the Voice Body Connection Membership Community, you get access to:
- Live voice and movement warm-ups led by Elissa (twenty minutes each 4x/week),
- A monthly live online group coaching session to practice using the Voice Body Connection process,
- A monthly Community Concert, including sing-a-longs and opportunities to share your voice,
- A monthly live recording of the coming month’s solo podcast episode,
- And exclusive behind-the-scenes videos with every guest.
Learn more and sign up at www.voicebodyconnection.com/community.
Our Editor is Sean Brennan
Our Photographer and Graphic Designer is Laura Sills
Our Videographer is Miguel Garzón Martínez
And our theme song is “Waters of Body” by Strange Weather
Please note that Amazon links in the show notes are connected to the Voice Body Connection Associates account. All other partner links are acknowledged. Thank you for supporting the podcast!