Episode 65: About expansion, with Elissa
Dec 10, 2020
In this last solo episode of 2020, grab a piece of paper and a pen because it’s time to reflect... 📝
In what ways have you expanded in 2020? What did you think your life was going to look like at the end of this year? What does it look like in reality?
Expansion means growing beyond the limits of what we can currently imagine. And in 2020 we’ve learned more than ever what it means to expand. 🌟
Listen here on Spotify.
Want to learn the Voice Body Connection Process so you can practice raising your voice and speaking your truth? Take the free mini-course HERE.
- 0:00 - It’s our last solo episode of the year. Elissa’s personal theme for 2020 was Growth. So it makes sense to loop around at the end of this year with the idea of: Expansion.
- 2:08 - Our Community’s definitions of expansion.
- 4:18 - A Voice Body Connection Process check in at the beginning to situate how we’re feeling. Elissa notices a suspended feeling of anxiety and fear.
- 8:32 - The opposite of expansion is contraction. In our muscular system, we sometimes call the expansion a “lengthening contraction.” We can also map these feelings to love and fear. Expansion is growth that expands beyond the limits of what we can currently comprehend.
- 13:40 - Grab a pen and paper and journal a bit: What are some of the ways in which you’ve expanded this year? What did you think your life was going to look like at the end of this year? What does it look like in reality?
- 19:00 - An exercise to embody moving from fear (contraction) to love (expansion). What would the world look like if more of us chose expansion?
- 25:05 - Our second Voice Body Connection Process check in. Elissa feels a subtle tingle moving out in space.
Here’s the first episode of 2020, about growth.
Here’s some great info about fixed versus growth mindset.
If you haven’t seen Amy Cuddy’s TED Talk, you’ll learn to power pose and it’s so worth it.
You can learn more about polyvagal theory in this episode of the podcast.
Have you taken the free Find Your Voice, Speak Your Truth mini-course yet? Learn the full Voice Body Connection Process so you can practice it for yourself. Sign up at https://www.voicebodyconnection.com/minicourse.
And for more support, join the Voice Body Connection Membership Community, visit www.voicebodyconnection.com/community.
As a member of the Voice Body Connection Membership Community, you get access to:
- Live voice and movement warm-ups led by Elissa (twenty minutes each 4x/week),
- A monthly live online group coaching session to practice using the Voice Body Connection process,
- A monthly Community Concert, including sing-a-longs and opportunities to share your voice,
- A monthly live recording of the coming month’s solo podcast episode,
- And exclusive behind-the-scenes videos with every guest.
Learn more and sign up at www.voicebodyconnection.com/community.
Our Editor is Sean Brennan
Our Photographer and Graphic Designer is Laura Sills
Our Videographer is Miguel Garzón Martínez
And our theme song is “Waters of Body” by Strange Weather
Please note that Amazon links in the show notes are connected to the Voice Body Connection Associates account. All other partner links are acknowledged. Thank you for supporting the podcast!