Episode 47: About a little bit of faith, with Abel Yares
Jun 11, 2020
Meet Abel Yares. He’s been a psycho-somatic therapist, a cognitive neuro-scientist, a massage therapist, and a dancer. He was born in the Philippines, grew up in New Jersey, moved to New York City, and now lives in Portugal.
These days, Abel helps individuals expand their consciousness with intuitive channeling. And in this episode of the podcast, Abel channels what we need to hear as a collective during this intense moment of history.
What is it that we need right now? A little bit of faith. ✨
Listen here on Spotify.
Want to practice raising your voice and speaking your truth beyond the podcast? Check out the Voice Body Connection Membership Community HERE.
- 0:00 - Welcome and an introduction from Abel. He has been a therapist, has been in academia, and is now an intuitive healer currently based in Portugal. He will do some channeling during this episode.
- 7:40 - There’s a lot going on on the planet and especially in the U.S. right now. What do we need to know in this moment? Abel answers by channeling from a frequency of unconditional love. His answer: we need “a little bit of faith.”
- 13:37 - It’s time to connect with the strength and the power of femininity. So we can nurture and value life.
- 17:22 - ⚠️Trigger warning on the next section ⚠️ - Abel’s childhood personal story includes a reference to sexual violence. He’ll share a bit about his early years in the Philippines and New Jersey. If you’d prefer to skip this part, please go ahead to 24:20.
- 22:50 - Abel answers the question: “What does it mean to you to have a voice and speak your truth?”
- 24:20 - Abel speaks about being the symbol of his parents’ pain.
- 26:16 - A bit about biodynamic craniosacral therapy.
- 27:32 - We practice the Voice Body Connection process. Elissa experiences feeling the hands of ancestors on her ankles. Abel speaks of the slight chaos happening in the Algarve around him on this particular day.
- 37:00 - Sometimes there are no words for the emotions. Or the desires.
- 39:00 - What is trust? What is faith? Abel speaks about meditation and brain waves.
- 50:20 - Elissa shares what she thinks too. She shares that access to a transcendental, meditative state is part of what has been inequitable on the planet.
- 52:24 - We talk about skin. Elissa describes the ectoderm, mesoderm, and endoderm germ layers. Abel talks about the skin as an organ of safety, rather than using it to judge each other.
- 1:05:08 - How to get in touch with Abel.
To connect with and work with Abel, visit his website here: https://www.abelyares.space/.
Here’s some information about Biodynamic craniosacral therapy: https://www.craniosacraltherapy.org/. You can find a practitioner near you under the Visitor section of the website. And Abel’s teacher is Michael Shea.
In term of intuitive training, Abel is a practitioner of Theta Healing, and also mentioned studying the work of Barbara Brennan.
Elissa mentioned the myth of Demeter, Persephone, and Hades.
Abel and I both practice Vedic Meditation. The founder of Vedic Meditation is Thom Knoles. The worldwide network of Vedic teachers is not organized on one central website. To find a teacher near you, you can google “your city + Vedic meditation.” My teacher Jeff Kober has been on this podcast (he is based in Los Angeles). And Emily Fletcher, who has also been on this podcast, teaches a technique called Ziva Meditation which is very similar to Vedic and can be learned online.
Elissa mentioned Body-Mind Centering, a somatic practice created by Bonnie Bainbridge Cohen, which she and Abel have both studied.
For information on how to join the Voice Body Connection Membership Community, visit www.voicebodyconnection.com/community.
As a member of the Voice Body Connection Membership Community, you get access to:
- Live voice and movement warm-ups led by Elissa (twenty minutes each 4x/week),
- A monthly live online group coaching session to practice using the Voice Body Connection process,
- A monthly Community Concert, including sing-a-longs and opportunities to share your voice,
- A monthly live recording of the coming month’s solo podcast episode,
- And exclusive behind-the-scenes videos with every guest.
Learn more and sign up at www.voicebodyconnection.com/community.
Our Editor is Sean Brennan
Our Photographer and Graphic Designer is Laura Sills
And our theme song is “Waters of Body” by Strange Weather
Please note that Amazon links in the show notes are connected to the Voice Body Connection Associates account. All other partner links are acknowledged. Thank you for supporting the podcast!