Episode 48: About the summer solstice, with Virginia Rosenberg
Jun 18, 2020
This is a big moment in human history. And our resident astrologer, Virginia Rosenberg, is back to help us understand how our earthly bodies are interacting with the movements of the celestial bodies. 🌚🌏🌟
Astrologers have known for a long time that 2020 was going to be big, and we’re in the thick of it. As we approach the summer solstice, we’re also in the midst of eclipse season. And over the course of the year we’re making a big transition from Capricorn to Aquarian energy.
In this episode, we’ll talk about what all that means both for us personally and as a collective. And we’ll dive into the importance of actively educating ourselves about anti-racism and how to use astrology as a tool for social justice.
Listen here on Spotify.
Want to practice raising your voice and speaking your truth beyond the podcast? Check out the Voice Body Connection Membership Community HERE.
- 0:00 - Meet Virginia again! This is our second summer solstice episode ever. (How has it been a year?!)
- 5:56 - There’s so much happening astrologically and in the collective consciousness right now! We’ll talk about the summer solstice, which is also an eclipse (we’re in eclipse season!), social justice and anti-racism, and trust.
- 6:54 - About eclipses and this eclipse season. There was a lunar eclipse on June 5th, there’s a solar eclipse on June 20/21st, and there’s another lunar eclipse on July 4/5th.
- 10:31 - We do our Voice Body Connection process check in. Elissa felt a slight headache from staying up late releasing the Find Your Voice, Speak Your Truth mini-course. Virginia felt a green-colored strange feeling around her stomach/solar plexus area.
- 18:06 - Virginia talks about how the major movements happening in our collective reflect the movements in the sky. The macro is the micro. Lots of big planets have been in hanging out in Capricorn.
- 21:55 - Capricorn rules the state. Power and authority. Our structures are being challenged. “The gears of capitalism are failing.” In the midst of all this, the Washington Monument was struck by a lightning bolt.
- 23:56 - It’s like the Tower card in the tarot deck. The aristocracy falling from power. The Tower corresponds to Capricorn.
- 25:14 - The archetype in tarot after the Tower is the Star. The Star corresponds to Aquarius…. revolution, re-emerging, generation. Natural next step is decentralization. Re-localization. A new dimension.
- 27:06 - There are also eclipses in the winter solstice this year. Astrologers are looking at those as a renaissance. Over the next six months, what stories do we want to end? Both personally and collectively?
- 29:19 - Talking about the Black Lives matter movement and anti-racism. How do we trace the roots of where we’ve arrived in this moment?
- 33:46 - Elissa challenges the “we need a do-over for 2020” rhetoric. The reckoning we have needed for a long time has arrived.
- 35:45d - Capitalism rests on the back of systemic racism and patriarchy. Our culture has been rooted in exploitation, theft, and hoarding. Think about houses and apartments: we think they are built to protect us from nature. Nothing can actually protect us from nature. How do we learn to coalesce with nature?
- 42:13 - How does all of this connect to trust? How do we shift from scarcity to abundance?
- 45:36 - Ways we can rebuild trust with nature and each other. Personal healing is not luxurious. It’s core. It’s crucial. That includes working on your voice. Embrace the discomfort. Embrace the emotion. Let yourself toggle back and forth between discomfort and relief. And be honest.
- 51:45 - The recommendation is to ground and anchor into your own body. Connect with your body in order to connect with nature and each other.
- 54:20 - How to connect with Virginia and goodbyes.
To connect with Virginia for readings and to read her twice monthly moon reports, visit her website: www.virginiarosenberg.com.
You can register for the Saturday June 20th Voice Body Connection Community Concert here.
Here are all of Virginia’s past episodes on this podcast from 2019 and 2020 if you want to confirm that she’s been talking about the moment we’re in for awhile: June 2019, September 2019, December 2019, March 2020.
Here’s the Rider Waite tarot card image of the Tower:
Here’s the Rider Waite tarot card image of the Star:
We couldn’t find the original instagram post Virginia saw, but here’s a youtube video of the Washington Monument being struck by lightning on Thursday June 4, 2020.
Virginia mentioned the work of Resmaa Menakem. Here’s his website: https://www.resmaa.com/, here’s his book “My Grandmother’s Hands”, and this is a great “On Being” podcast episode with him and Krista Tippett.
For information on how to join the Voice Body Connection Membership Community, visit www.voicebodyconnection.com/community.
As a member of the Voice Body Connection Membership Community, you get access to:
- Live voice and movement warm-ups led by Elissa (twenty minutes each 4x/week),
- A monthly live online group coaching session to practice using the Voice Body Connection process,
- A monthly Community Concert, including sing-a-longs and opportunities to share your voice,
- A monthly live recording of the coming month’s solo podcast episode,
- And exclusive behind-the-scenes videos with every guest.
Learn more and sign up at www.voicebodyconnection.com/community.
Our Editor is Sean Brennan
Our Photographer and Graphic Designer is Laura Sills
And our theme song is “Waters of Body” by Strange Weather
Please note that Amazon links in the show notes are connected to the Voice Body Connection Associates account. All other partner links are acknowledged. Thank you for supporting the podcast!